It has come up a few times from various teachers (and students) that they are missing apps on their Dock, including the Applications App to open other apps on your Mac. Of course, you can always use Spotlight to do a search for the app on your computer and open it that way. However, if you would like to add an Application Folder to your Mac or a specific app, just follow these steps:
- Open Finder
- Find the “Applications” folder in the left navigation
- Click and drag the Applications folder to your Dock –> this will add it to your dock and keep it in Finder as well.
- Next, click on the Applications folder within Finder
- Find any app you would like to add to your Dock as well
- Click on that app and drag it to your Dock as well.
Hope this helps!