Google has always had the ability to create appointment slots on your calendar, and allow people to book them. But now, Google has recently released a new version called Appointment Scheduler. Unlike Appointment slots, where time slots are added to your calendar and people can click on a button to book it, the new scheduler creates a landing page, complete with your booking calendar which includes a booking form, email confirmation, event updates, cancellation ability, and more.
This is actually a premium Google feature (which we have). To get it, you will need to go to Google Calendar first –> open the settings (gear icon) –> click settings –> scroll to the bottom of the general tab and checkmark the box for appointment schedules –> then refresh your google calendar page.
- At the top left, click Create .
- and select the NEW Appointment schedule.
- Enter a title.
- The title is visible to anyone who has the link to your booking page.
- The title appears on your calendar for schedules and bookings.
- Set your appointment duration.
- To set a custom duration, next to “30 minutes,” click the Down arrow .
- Appointments must be at least 15 minutes long.
- Set the date and time of your appointments.
- You can set up a one-time appointment or a recurring schedule.
- To set how far in advance appointments can be booked, next to “Scheduling window,” click the Down arrow .
- By default, someone can book an appointment with you anywhere from 12 hours to 60 days in advance.
- Click Next.
- Optional: You can change your photo, set where the meeting takes place, and more. Learn how to edit your appointment schedule.
- After you edit your appointment schedule, click Save.
Google then creates a professional landing page that you can send via link to those you want to book you! Pretty awesome.