See who’s viewed your file or who you’ve shared it with
- In Docs, Sheets, or Slides, open the file.Note: You will need to have edit access for the file to see the Activity dashboard data.
- Click ToolsActivity dashboard.
- You can see information about the activity on your file, including:
- Shared with tab: Shows people you’ve shared the file with. You can also email collaborators.
- All viewers (organization) tab: Shows people in your organization who have viewed the file.
- Viewer trend tab: Shows a chart of viewers over time.
- (Optional) If you don’t want your view history to appear in Activity dashboard, click Privacy Settings and choose an option:
- Turn off view history for all files: Under Account setting, turn off Show my view history for all Docs, Sheets and Slides files.
- Turn off view history for one file: Under Document setting, turn off Show my view history for this document.
- Click Save.
See who commented, edited, moved, or shared a file
- In Drive, at the top right, click View details .
- The Activity tab is automatically selected and all the activity for My Drive is listed. For each activity, the details include:
- The file or folder affected
- The user that made the change
- The date and time of the activity
- Any other users affected by the activity
- In My Drive, select any item to see specific details.
See all changes to a file or revert to a previous version
In Google Drive, open your file.From Docs, Sheets, or Slides, select FileVersion historySee version history.Note: You need Owner or Editor access to the file.Click a timestamp to see a previous version of the file. Below the timestamp, you’ll see:Names of people who edited the document.A color next to each person’s name. The edits they made appear in that color.(Optional) To revert, name, or copy a previous version, click:Restore this version to make it the active version.MoreName this version to name a previous version. MoreMake a copy to create a copy of a previous version.