Since we are getting close to the end of the year, I thought it would be fitting to remix an old post of best practices, tips, and tricks for ending your Schoology course and getting ready for the summer.
Now’s the time to begin taking a moment to make sure you have all of your Schoology materials/courses in order for the end of the year. Here are a few tips to consider to help make a smooth transition through the summer and into next year.
- Create and use folders: The method is simple- create a folder for every unit you teach, then within that folder consider using other folders to organize daily/weekly lesson, types of assignments, or self-paced activities. This is easier for students to manage, and makes it easier for you to save everything to your personal resources (to be discussed next). Pro Tip! Go to your personal resources (click resources –> personal –> then ADD new folder) Title the folder the name of your courses. This will help with step #2.
- Save all of your material/content to your resources: This is imperative! If you followed tip #1, this step becomes a cinch. Go into each of your courses, then next to the folder/material you want to save, click on the little gear icon to the right of it, then select SAVE TO RESOURCES from the drop-down menu. A pop-up window will appear. You can select a collection from the drop-down at the top (I recommend leaving this with HOME) and then underneath designate a folder to organize it to (select the course folder you just created if you followed the pro tip above). Do this with everything. This saves everything in case your courses get deleted. PLUS- next year you can just go to your personal resources, select the course folder, then copy entire folders/individual assignments over to your new courses! Even quiz questions stay.
- Check out this document/Schoology Help with more tips to end the year right!
- Update: Convert your Schoology tests and quizzes to Schoology Assessments: The long-term plan for Schoology is to phase out tests and quizzes and only utilize the new assessments feature. This could happen this following school year. With that, its important for you to consider converting. You can convert any test/quiz in your Schoology Resources to an assessment by using the test/quiz conversion tool. Converting a test/quiz to an assessment creates an assessment in a specified destination. The newly created assessment is a copy of the original test/quiz with the following information:
- Test-level settings
- Question stimulus and responses
- Embedded images and rich text content
- Question-level settings
- Text blocks
- Question order
- Rubrics (on Short Answer/Essay questions)
- Aligned learning objectives
If your test or quiz is a current material and NOT in your Schoology resources, don’t fret. You can convert by doing the following: Locate the test/quiz in your Resources and perform the following steps:
- Click the gear icon to the right of the desired test/quiz.
- Select Convert to Assessment from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a destination collection and/or folder for the assessment in your Resources.
- Click Convert.
- For larger tests, you can view progress in Transfer History.
- Click the title of the assessment from your Transfer History area to navigate to the new assessment template in the chosen Resources collection and folder.
Hope this helps!