The end of the school year is quickly approaching and in order to end the year right, I wanted to post a few quick tips for wrapping it up.
- Clean and Organize Your Google Drive: Make sure everything has a folder at the top level. Put everything in a folder. Delete duplicate files. Color-code folders. Take “shared with me” and arrange where necessary.
- Back Up Your Files: If you use your MacBook hard drive extensively, I would consider utilizing Google Drive and backup everything there. Cloud storage is key as you can then access anything, anytime, anywhere. You can also consider transferring everything over to an external hard drive or flash drive.
- Clean Your Desktop: Organize everything into folders. Create clear names and select to arrange your desktop in a particular order that suits you!
- Clean Your Harddrive: Similar to your Google Drive- make sure everything has a folder. Delete duplicate files.
- Unsubscribe from Unwanted Email: This takes some time, but can be quite useful. Take the time to open emails you no longer want to receive, scroll to the bottom, and find the “unsubscribe” button. It’s usually hidden in the fine print somewhere. This will save you so many headaches later on.
- Clean and Organize Your Email: Throughout the year your inbox gets flooded. Delete unwanted messages, unsubscribe from things you no longer want to receive, create “labels” for things you want to save and organize for later.
- Store Images in Google Drive: Images don’t take up that much room until you have compiled hundred or thousands. Set your phone to save images to your Google Drive, or upload all of your images on your computer to your Google Drive.
- Update, update, update: This might require you to reboot your computer. DO IT! From an outdated MacBook to outdated Chrome/Safari, etc, take a moment to actually set these things to update and then reboot the computer for a fresh start.
- Save Your Schoology Course Material to Resources: Take advantage of Schoology’s resources and save everything there. Next year, it will save you so much time to just copy things over to your new classes.