Google has made it pretty easy to embed student-made videos into a Google Slide presentation. This is great- as it cuts down on the need to have each student share their video separately with you, which in turn, saves you from opening each one separately when the students present their work to the class. To embed any video into a Google Slide presentation, follow these steps:
- First, open a Google Slide presentation, or create a new one. I would designate a slide for each student/group to “call their own”.
- No matter the device or program students used to create their video, have each student/group upload their video from their hard drive to their Google Drive. To do this:
- Have them open Google Drive on the web via the app.
- Click NEW –> FILE UPLOAD –> and then select the video file they want to upload.
- The video will be uploaded to their Google Drive and should show a red video logo in the bottom right corner of the thumbnail view of the video.
- Now, back in Google Slides, the students will follow these steps:
- Click INSERT –> VIDEO –> and select GOOGLE DRIVE
- Find the video that was just uploaded, click on it and SELECT.
The video will embed right into the Google Slide presentation. From here you can increase the size of the screen, double-click on it to view, or access the VIDEO OPTIONS to be able to crop the video or set it to autoplay. If you want to upload your own videos to your presentation, you would follow these same steps. Now you only have to have one presentation open that can jump to each student or groups presentation!
Hope this helps!