I will be hosting our first #RIHPD Twitter Chat on Wednesday evening, March 7, from 8 pm to 9 pm. Our first topic covered will be on Differentiation! I will post questions throughout the chat and give you time to post, share, comment, and retweet. This will be a great opportunity to earn 1 PDC Hour in you PJ’s! Come to collaborate, question, comment, and share. Share teaching ideas, successes, struggles, resources, photos, etc that will add to our discussion.
The format for our Twitter Chat will go something like this:
- 8:00 pm: Intros
- 8:10 pm: Q1
- 8:20 pm: Q2
- 8:30 pm: Q3
- 8:40 pm Q4
- 8:50 pm Q5
Here’s How to Take Part:
1. Log into Twitter on Wednesday, March 7 @ 8 PM EST.
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #rihpd in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 10 minutes.
4. I will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. and the hashtag #rihpd.
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #rihpd.
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using #rihpd.
7. Like and respond to other teachers’ tweets.
New to chats? Here are the rules:
1. Stay on topic
2. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. Always use our hashtag #rihpd, including in your replies to others.
4. Use goo.gl to shorten links when sharing.
5. Check out TweetDeck to keep track of the Twitter Chat.
6. Taking part in the chat on your computer is easier (IMO).
Still want to know more about Twitter Chats? Check out these links: